Hi! I’m Lise.
I’m French Canadian and live in a small town of 5,000 about 50 minutes West of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I am married and have grown-up daughter. My husband and I live with 2 dogs!
I so hate the terms: middle-aged women or seniors as I visualize old ladies sitting by the window watching life go by and that sure isn’t me.
I know we, women, are not supposed to share our age, but hey! at 68 I’m actually proud I made it this far, and enjoying this stage of my life.
But how the heck did I get here so fast?
I can actually divide my life so far in 2 parts, before and after 40.
Let’s talk about the after 40:
- I met my husband
- I had my first and only child at 42
- I got married (yes in that order LOL)
- I was a travel agent for 13 years
- I started traveling every year
- I spent my 50th birthday on a luxury train in Alaska
- I took hip hop classes for 3 years at age 52 and was on stage in a show and on TV
- I thought myself website design and html coding at 52
- I now design websites/blogs for others
- I worked with women and men from all over the world
- I visited the Galapagos, which was on my ‘bucket list’
- I walked with penguins in South America, which was also on my ‘bucket list’
- I just started yoga classes for the first time at 68
- I’ve got attitude and I love it!
What else can I tell you about me?
- I hate cooking with a passion but I love to watch cooking competitions on TV
- I love website design
- I can draw with charcoal and paint with oil
- I am so NOT girlie
- I love the internet
- I’m really bad at maths
- Most days, you’ll find me at my computer in my p.j.’s, all day and I love it
- I love watching TV series, like all the CSI’s, NCIS, Grey’s Anatomy, Survivor, Big Brother
- My head is not suitable for wearing a hat
- I love the country
- I would love to live by a lake
We love to go on cruises and as of March 2015, we have been on 36! We have done mostly the Caribbean but also Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Coast, Europe, Hawaii, Norway, Galapagos, around South-America and crossed the Atlantic.
We have also been on ‘land’ vacations in Thailand, Egypt, Israel, Switzerland, Hong Kong, China . . .we do love to travel.
My creative side
I was always the ‘creative’ type. At around 11 or 12 years old, my parents encouraged my drawing and painting skills and signed me up for classes which I continued to take on and off for over 30 years! I have sold paintings and I have given some away and of course, a ‘few’ are hanging in my house. If the internet existed while I was younger, I’m sure I would have been a graphic designer.
Ok well I think that will do for now…if you stick around, you’ll get to know more about me 🙂