If I can manage this super easy carrot cake recipe, then anyone can. You won’t believe how it turns into this delicious moist cake.
First time I had a taste of this cake was at my mother-in-law’s house. It was so good, I needed the recipe. And I’ve made it many times over the years.
My daughter always requested this carrot cake for her birthday parties when she was younger and still does!
And since it will serve between 16-18 people, I often bake it for potluck dinners.
Top it with a fluffy cream cheese frosting and you’ll get lots of compliments!
There is a story involving this carrot cake…
I met my husband when I was 39 and he was 35 and neither of us had been married before.
When we decided to do so, there was no way we would do the big wedding thing, or me wearing a white wedding dress… I was 40 by then, my daughter was 6 months old and we didn’t see the point of spending all that money.
Instead we invited our immediate family…12 including the both of us 🙂 and booked a small room in a local popular restaurant.
I decorated it myself with balloons and baked my own wedding cake, which, of course, was this delicious easy carrot cake recipe.
Hope you Enjoy it as much as we do!
Super Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs beaten one at a time
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 14 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 tub cream cheese frosting already made (or homemade)
- Pre-heat oven to 325F
- Mix oil and sugar; add beaten eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the first mixture of oil, sugar and eggs.
- Last, incorporate the nuts, pineapple and carrots and mix well.
- Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or check after 50 minutes.
- Let it cool and spread the frosting all over it!