Hi! I’m Lise Galipeau
I believe in having fun and enjoying life as we get older.
Cool mamie, absolute geek, retired web designer, avid cruiser.
I hate cooking, but baking is ok!
I’m French Canadian and live in a small town of 5,000 about 50 minutes West of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
I’m married and have a grown-up daughter, and 2 grandsons, a 2 year-old and a 5 month-old.
My husband and I live with 2 dogs.
Join me as I explore the possibilities!
Simply Lise is about topics I don’t know about but need to discover, such as being a grandmother. It’s about recipes for people like me who hate cooking. It’s about simple technology, which I love! It’s about some travel as we are avid cruisers and been to pretty amazing places. It’s about everyday life!
A few things about my personal life
- I had my first and only child at 42
- I was a travel agent for 13 years
- I spent my 50th birthday on a luxury train in Alaska
- I took hip hop classes for 3 years at age 52 and was on stage in a show and on TV
- I visited the Galapagos, which was on my ‘bucket list’
- I walked with penguins in South America, which was also on my ‘bucket list’
- I hate cooking with a passion but I love to watch cooking competitions on TV
- I am so NOT girlie
- I love the internet
- I’m really bad at maths
- Most days, you’ll find me at my computer in my p.j.’s, all day and I love it
- I love watching TV series, like NCIS, Grey’s Anatomy, Survivor, Big Brother
- I don’t like cities and love the country
- My head is not suitable for wearing a hat!
My husband and I took our first cruise in 1992 on the old Noordam (replaced by the new Noordam) for 10 days in the Caribbean and never looked back…we were hooked! Now we have 50 cruises under our belts.
Places we’ve been on cruises
Costa Rica, Panama, Columbia, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Norway, Portugal, Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire, St.Martin, Jamaica, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, St.Kitts, Antigua, St.Thomas, St.John, Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique, St.Lucia, St.Vincent, Barbados, Grenada, Trinidad, Roatan (Honduras),Grand Cayman, Turks & Caicos, Belize, Hawaii, Falkland Islands, Alaska, Galapagos, Venezuela, Azores, Spain, Nicaragua, Haiti, Tortola
We were also on amazing land vacations
France, Germany, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Thailand, China, Greece, Morocco, Canada, U.S.A Mainland, Mexico, El Salvador, Israel – twice, Egypt, Jordan, Belgrade, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Austria, Italy
I taught myself web design at 52 and designed hundreds of sites for small entrepreneurs and bloggers for years.
When I decided to declutter my life in 2018, I needed to let go of web design. The stress was getting to me. But creating and maintaining a site makes me very happy.
I’ve had a few blogs and websites over the years in different niches.
Now I’m a blogger who designs 🙂 (I change the look of my site often) and have only this blog at Simply Lise.
Being a Grandmother
I’m a fairly new grandma to my 2 grandsons. And it’s so much fun. I’m the really cool Mamie so I’m learning a lot from my daughter, as a lot has changed since she was a baby.
It’s a different journey being a grandmother than it was being an ‘older’ mother, and I’m enjoying every minute of it.
Have questions or want to say hi, I’d love to hear from you. Get in touch here